In 2020, cleaning your phone has become just as important as washing your hands. To minimize the risk of transmission of germs and viruses of all kinds, it is essential to adopt this good habit on a daily basis.
Due to the pandemic linked to COVID-19, we have become aware of the role that our smartphone could play in the transmission of the virus, which can survive for several hours on these kinds of surfaces. More connected than ever, our generation has developed a type of behavior that requires more health precautions than ever before. Today, cleaning your phone regularly is a simple and essential step in limiting the spread of viruses.
iPhone and Android: How to clean your phone properly
Before cleaning your smartphone, whether it's an iPhone or Android, remember to unplug it, turn it off and remove the cover.
Caution: the following instructions are not suitable for a damaged phone (e.g. cracked screen).
What you need:
- 1 glasses cloth
- 1 microfiber cloth moistened with hot soapy water (dishwashing liquid)
- 1 microfiber cloth moistened with warm water
- 1 dry microfiber cloth
Step-by-step guide on how to clean your phone
- Dust off your smartphone properly with the glasses cloth.
- Rub down every nook and cranny of your phone using the microfiber cloth moistened with warm soapy water.
- Rinse off your smartphone thoroughly by rubbing it with the microfiber cloth moistened with warm water.
- Dry your phone completely with the dry microfiber cloth.
To clean the single silicone or plastic cases, scrub them with a soft sponge and washing-up liquid, then rinse them under water. Don't forget to wipe them well afterwards using, for example, disposable paper towels.
To cleanlated items (touchpads, screens, AirPods and others, you can turn to Apple's purpose built guides.