You're right to be worried about the cleanliness of your child's toys as they can be a real nest of germs. Most of the time, toys come straight from the factories and haven't even been washed before they land in your child's hands, or worse, in your baby's mouth.
This is why we have prepared two quick guides for cleaning and disinfecting your child's toys naturally and simlpy, be they electronic or not.
Before you start cleaning your child's plastic toys, first sort them by separating those that can be washed in water from those that cannot, such as electronic toys.
Naturally clean and disinfect plastic toys in 5 steps
- Get a basin large enough to hold about 2 litres of water, a non-abrasive sponge and a toothbrush.
- Create your natural cleaner in the basin by following our recipe and mixing well.
Natural Cleaning and Disinfectant Recipe :
- As soon as your mixture is ready, plunge the toys into it and leave them to soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Clean each toy with the soft, non-abrasive sponge. Use the toothbrush to loosen the dirt in every nook and cranny. Whilst carrying out this step, be careful not to rub too hard on any graphics that be wiped off on account of the scrubbing.
- Rinse the toys afterwards and wipe them down with a cloth.
Tip: For ease of use, rinse toys in your shower or bathtub.
Naturally disinfect electronic toys in 5 steps
We advise you to use natural, non-toxic wipes to clean all toys that cannot be immersed in water or get wet at all, and then disinfect them properly.
Get a large container, enough to hold about half a liter of water, and fill it with the following mixture.
Natural recipe for disinfecting wipes :
- Rub the toys thoroughly with your natural disinfectant wipes.
- After 10 minutes, soak a few squares of fine cloth in hot water, wring them out well, and use them to rinse off the toys.
- Wipe the toys down with a cloth.
Did you like this article? You should also read "How to clean and disinfect stuffed toys".